7.17.2012

here we are

Well. Here we are. In Idaho. Ask me later if I like it.
Here is what we have been up to the past few weeks. Although I am incredibly bored and a little bit homesick, I am so glad I am with my best friend throughout this journey. (cheese).
well let's get to it, then.
Love this little hole in the wall empanada place. It is so delicious.

(While I was still in Utah) Avett Brothers with my dad

Nate went to Utah for work and we got to spend some QT with our families.

4th of July fireworks at a trailer park.

Reverse the Curse night at Boise Hawks game.

Luff him. Don't mind my dry hair.

Luff him even more. He is hot stuff.
So there are a few of our adventures in the past few weeks. We try to stay busy on weekends. We have been looking for houses and that excites me. There is a lot to do up here,  so we don't really ever get too bored.
I feel both excited and apprehensive about what the future holds. I am nervous about school.... not only is it a HUGE intimidating university, but it is also VERY expensive. I pretty much have to re-do everything I've done in my program so far. And I hate when I hear people say that I'll just give up and won't graduate. So I just want to be done to prove everyone wrong.
I have only been away for a few weeks and I am already missing home. We are learning that we are going to have to miss out on a lot of fun things, but it feels like it will all be okay.
Don't get me wrong, we miss out on the "bad" things too. When things happen back home with my family that upset me, it makes me both sad and glad I am not there to have to deal with it. We all know my family is... well... "colorful" so I am happy that Nate and I can start fresh away from the "colorfulness" of my family.
No job for me thus far. I am doing some home improvement things while I have this free time. I am damn bored, too. But I will hopefully get our apartment in tip top shape. Plus, watching Pretty Little Liars, 90210, and Intervention make my life go by a little bit faster.
Nate is really loving his job. He is on a softball team which makes him very happy. He is very busy at work, which also makes him super happy. I'm so glad he has this opportunity. He sucks for making me move, but whatever. I'm over it.
Anyways. There is a bit about our lives right now. Things are falling in place for us. Let's hope they stay that way:)
xoxo

PS I found out that Gossip Girl's last season is this fall and they are only doing half a season. I feel no will to live anymore.

4 comments:

Rach said...

I love love love Pretty Little Liars! Have you watched it from the start, or are you just starting?

amers said...

@Rach- I started from the beginning. I can't watch season three though because it's not on Netflix and we don't have cable. I lovers it!

Emily said...

I'm so happy to find another person my age watching 90210 and Gossip Girl. I don't know how they're going to wrap up GG in half a season after how they left it last season. I feel like it will be ruined. RUINED. Hopefully not. And I was starting to really like Serena...until the last episode. Yikes.

Amy said...

@Emily-
I know, It is seriously so depressing. I can't even think about it. All I can do is hope to see my girl Blair in movies. Serena.. yes I was loving her too! I envy her hotness... 90210 is AWFUL. But I can't stop watching it. And Nate would rather watch that then Intervention. Ha!