5.23.2012

Boise, ID

Soooo I said I would only update this on a month-to-month basis unless I had something important to say. Well this may be old news to those of you who have FB and stalk me regularly (come on, I know all of you do it), but we are moving! By the title of this post, I do not need to say much more except the whys, hows, wheres, and whens everyone is asking.
Well, here is why.... Nate applied for a job at the MTC prison as a Finance Manager out there and did not really think anything of it. Well, he also applied for a position here in Centerville and sort of really really wanted it. A guy called him about the Boise job and asked him how serious he was about it and he said he was serious. What it came down to was him picking Boise or Centerville. And well,  you can guess what happened.
work.
How are we moving up there? With the help of our awesome families.
Where are we moving? I could post my address, but I won't. Instead I'll just give you a pic of the floor plan.
This is amazing because this is 2x the size of our current apartment! We are so excited about that. Minus the ugly carpet and counters, it is perfect.
Nate will be moving up this weekend. He starts on Tuesday and I am soo excited for him. I think he is both excited and nervous about it. We are packing and it is seriously the least fun thing I have ever done. I will be moving up the third weekend in June. 
I am both excited and nervous about this move. Excited because it will be a new place and Nate and I will learn to depend more on each other. Boise is BEAUTIFUL! I am just so very happy that it is not a small town... I think I would die. I am excited for Nate and his new job and I am excited to finally step out of this bubble that is Utah. (Idaho probably isn't much better but whatever.) 

I am nervous for all of the above (minus Boise being beautiful). I am nervous about school and finding a job. For those of you who know me, you know I am not the most outgoing person at first. I think it will be hard for me to make friends. (Not to mention how sad I will be to leave my nieces and nephews. I mean, really. They are all so damn cute.) But I think it will also be very good for me and for Nate. School will be a bust as I will have to wait a year to get residency so I can go full time and avoid the $8,000 out of state tuition I would have to pay. Plus I have heard the social work program at BSU is highly competitive. But I know things will work out. At least I hope they will.


But really, I can't be too sad when this is where I will be living. A CITY filled with trees? Serious.
Plus this means that if I ever get a dream job in NYC, Nate will be obliged to follow me there;)

Here's to new beginnings! 
xo

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Sounds like an exciting next chapter. If you get homesick you're only 5 hours away.

Hi btw I'm not a stalker I just like to pass the time at work reading blogs.