4.05.2011

musical

Hey guys... well. A thing I love: Music
So here you go. I'll share. You can thank me later. Or now. Either one.
I know a lot of these aren't new, but this is just what I have been into a lot lately.

ALBUMS:
Panic! At The Disco: Vices and Virtues
Now  you must know, I am an avid Panic! fan. I love them. It's hard for my love for a band to continue to grow, however, when their other albums are less than great compared to their first. Pretty.Odd was just that. It wasn't great, and it was WAY different from their first one. This one, however, I feel is reverting back to their old ways. Although the band is not the same, this album is one I am enjoying lately.

The Avett Brothers: I and I Love You
Ah! Yes, I know this album is not "new," but I love it! My dad and I took a road trip to Idaho to visit my grandparents. (We also went up to Ashton where my dad grew up.) We listened to this quite a bit. I loved. He loved. It was great QT.

Mumford & Sons: Sigh No More
If you like The Avett Brothers, you will most definitely like these guys. Did anyone see their performance at the Grammy's? Awesome. I also showed my dad these guys and he loved. They are really fresh and unique and passionate. 

Maroon 5: It Won't Be Soon Before Long
This CD is great! I love M5, and this is one of their better albums. The song with Lady Antebellum... that's a great song!

Adele:21
Ah! I was never an avid Adele fan, but this album did it for me! I love it! "Turning Tables" is AWESOME. The only songs I liked on her last album were "Chasing Pavements" and "Hometown Glory." This CD definitely outdid her last album... which is always a good sign.

SONGS:
Christina Perri: "Arms", "The Lonely"
   "The Lonely" might be a little bit too emo for most people. It was for me until I found out what it was about. It is about just being alone and being satisfied alone. It has nothing to do with being "lonely." "Arms" is awesome. I memorized it the day it came out.
OneRepublic: "All We Are"
   Katherine showed me this one. It's really great. OneRepublic never disappoints. 
Sara Bareilles: "Fairytale"
   Yes, I know it's old, but as I was watching Tangled, I thought of this song. This is an awesome song. Love her. A lot.
Dixie Chicks: "Top of the World"
   The Dixie Chicks are awesome. This song has some deep meaning and it is awesome. Although not originally done by them, it's way better performed by them.

Anyways, those are a few that have been on my playlist lately. I suggest you check em out!





No comments: