9.22.2010

Appreciate the finer things in life.

SO... first of all..
I haven't gone shopping in awhile so I don't need to justify this much needed day!
Oh geeze, me and Courtney rode the Front Runner to SL (I have become obsessed with Salt Lake) to shop!
And I was prepared and determined to spend money!
Oh ya, I scored:)
I left with:
Forever 21: 4 shirts, 1 dress, 1 pair of pants, 3 headbands, 1 necklace..
$78.00!
Pac Sun: 2 belts 
$13.00
Oh  my gosh it felt so nice to splurge! I feel like lately all I do is work work work and school school school! I needed this therapy treatment.
They say that shopping really can heal your soul. It did that to me! I feel so new and fresh. 
AND...
content.
I did get two new pairs of shoes the other week (trade-in)... shoes can make or break your outfit. I firmly believe that. 

"Give a girl the right pair of shoes, and she can conquer the world."
-Marilyn Monroe

My anxieties about money have sufficed. I went to Gateway, planning on spending $100. And I left feeling amazing. No guilt, no anxiety. Just... happy.
I think knowing what I'm going to spend and planning for it helps...
or maybe it's just the meds they have me on;)

Nonetheless, the mixture of Monday, getting my nails done yesterday, and ice cream yesterday has made my life so much better.
The negative things that have been happening are so insignificant compared to it all. 

I know things will work out... with my family.
My dad, WILL be happy.
My mom, WILL find someone and be happy.
Katie, WILL get pregnant again and have a beautiful baby.
Angie, WILL be the glue that keeps her family together.

I'm happy.
and they will be too.
Maybe they all just need a little retail therapy;)
Boredom on the Front Runner
Chocolate and shopping= WIN!
We are gross
Creeper behind us... ahh Nutter Butters
This was so cool to me.. ha
Of course, CPK!!!
I asked this dude to take a picture of us... I asked the wrong dude. He was from Switzerland and didn't know how to use the camera.... after he told us where he was from I yelled, "I LOVE CHEESE!!!" hahaha
This is where I would live if I did crack.




So far, this week, has been a WIN!!:)
How's that for a positive blog Joe?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

A little too cheezy for me

amers said...

Never satisfied.

Whittney and Ryan said...

ahhh retail therapy is the best kind especially when you don't feel guilt after! your blog is ador, so happy to find it! see you in two weeks at shelbys wedding!